Doing the Work Within the Work
By Stephen W. Smith
Effective leaders work very hard to succeed, but often at the cost of their own souls. They have to keep themselves emotionally and spiritually healthy to survive success—to keep their humanity intact. This is the work within the work.
Stephen W. Smith helps leaders in the marketplace and in ministry set aside the life-draining values of power, fame, fortune and position and instead explore the life-giving qualities of building character. In these pages you will learn to
- Recognize and determine the inner and outer markers of success
- Explore eight compelling virtues that every leader must possess
- Use the principle of rhythm rather than chase the myth of balance
- Recognize the limits of your own leadership
- Discover how to thrive, not just survive
There is a better way to live than the craziness we experience in our driven world. Inside Job is your invitation to journey inside and do the work within your work.
Inside Job has a companion workbook available in this bookstore, which is designed for individuals, groups, classes, seminars and retreat settings to explore the book in more depth. There is one session per chapter and the workbook allows the participants to go-at-their own-speed and to explore the message of Inside Job with different learning styles and exercises.